Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Jane Austen


I am sorry to admit I have never read a novel by Jane Austen. I have seen several movies based on her books, but have never read one. I have decided to rectify this as I need something new to read. Any suggestions of which one I should start with? Which is your favorite and why?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only read of her books, Pride and Prejudice. I love and enjoy it and best of all, Mom owns it! If it isn't with her books it is on my bookcase.

9/4/08  
Blogger *Aliese* said...

Pride and Prejudice is my #1 fave and Emma is my #2.

9/4/08  
Blogger Anna said...

I haven't read them all. But I've seen soooo many movies. I read P&P (excellent) but I skimmed parts of Sense and Sensibility too. These days it seems that P&P is a little overdone, so were I to choose I would pick Sense & Sensibility. Such great characters! It was fun seeing you the other day Julie.

9/4/08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My order of favs is:
Pride and Prejudice
Sense & Sensibility
Emma

I recently read Persuasion for the first time and it took 4+ months so it's just not as exciting. Northagner Abbey is kind of dark as I recall.

Another good read by a different author is Little Women. I read it in less than a week because it was very well written.

10/4/08  
Blogger Juliana said...

Pride and Prejudice for sure!!! and then Persuasion

10/4/08  
Blogger Tara said...

If you're just starting, there's no question: Pride & Prejudice. Then I'd suggest trying Persuasion. The story isn't as easy to read, but in SOME ways its even better. To me...

10/4/08  
Blogger Ola said...

Well, I think you'll love Pride and Prejudice... :)

11/4/08  
Blogger aaron & erika said...

Wow, that is a lovely picture of good ole jane. My favorite is Pride & Prejudice. You should stop by & pick up the DVD's....even if I am gone. Although I am game to watch them anytime.

30/4/08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home