Monday, September 08, 2008

The top three events of last week.

Event #1
My youngest brother entered the MTC this past week. What a great blessing it is to have a missionary out. He will be going to Everett, Washington. I am excited for him. I know he will do an honorable job.
Event #2

The state fair. We went on opening night with some of my family. We enjoyed the little piglets who were fighting for dinner. Alan wondered if Little One would be able to elbow her way, but she probably would have gotten kicked in the head. Or trampled... We went to the rodeo while there. We saw some team calf roping, barrel racing and bull riding. Man, the things we do for entertainment.

Event #3

After a two week fiasco, we finally got the carpets in our apartment cleaned. In order to make it easier, we moved pretty much all of our furniture into our dining room, kitchen, bathroom and porch. It made for several interesting days. It has been over two weeks and our little home is still not put back together...

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

I can't believe your family is so grown up! I saw your mom at a bridal shower on Saturday, I wish you'd been there with her so we could catch up.

And I love the picture of your dining room (or whatever room that was)... hopefully you get things put back together soon--I know being in a mess makes me crazy and cranky. :)

8/9/08  
Blogger The Wolford Pack (Jen) said...

Agreed! Having a chaotic house can really put a damper on your mood. I also enjoyed the last picture. Is that your husband staring at a wall? :)

It's great having a missionary to send you inspiring mail! My youngest brother comes home in December. I think we'll be coming out to Utah to see him. Maybe we could get together then? You currently live in Utah right? All the best to your brother on his mission!

9/9/08  
Blogger Julie said...

Jen-
Yes, that is Alan staring at the wall, or bookcase. Who knows, maybe he has X-ray vision. We are in Utah, and I would LOVE to see you in December!

10/9/08  
Blogger Unknown said...

Julie! I thought you might have a blog, but now I am thrilled to find that you do! I also---okay, maybe I've just been in the dark for too long---but, I didn't know you had a little girl! Congratulations! She is beautiful! I enjoyed reading your posts. I miss you. Let me know next time you'll be around this area. It would be really fun to get together. I see Brooke every few months. We should all plan something!!!!

10/9/08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah for missions! yeah for the state fair! and yeah for clean carpets!!

15/9/08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home