A long day...
I have had a longer day today. It shouldn't have been a long day, but when you are well over 7 months pregnant and it is 90 plus degrees outside, it just creates one. It all started last night when the nice people at Sears called to say that the technician couldn't come until sometime after 1:00 PM. Now, this wouldn't normally be an issue, but I attended a wedding and luncheon today. Which means my mom had to come over and babysit the washer and dryer (thanks mom!). Don't worry though, that is just the beginning. Today began at 6:59 AM when the alarm went off. This is about 90 minutes earlier than I usually wake up these days. (I am not working, don't get mad at me...) After getting ready for a wedding, I got to battle rush hour traffic in downtown Salt Lake City on top of all the construction. After a peaceful hour, we (the other wedding guests and I) got to wait for pictures with the bride and groom. Now this wouldn't normally be a problem except that there are several other brides and grooms and their photographers. We had to wait several minutes to be able to take pictures where the photographer and the bride wanted the pictures. After almost an hour and a half of waiting and the occasional "cheese" I was able to come home. One of my friends and her husband came home with me so they would have somewhere to wait until the luncheon began. Once again there was about a 90 minute period of peace, and watching funny videos on YouTube. My mom arrived to babysit at 12:45 (thanks again mom!) and I rushed out the door with Alan who I had to drop off at work before attending the luncheon. I then had to rush back home so my mom could make it to a 3:00 meeting. Don't worry, the nice Sears technician still hadn't called. I proceeded to spend the majority of the afternoon trying to research a bunch of information in regards to a budget that Alan and I are trying to put together intermixed with a bunch of random phone calls from insurance people and the phone company who wanted a satisfaction survey on my recent conversation with their technical support people. I wasn't able to get a hold of any of the family members that I had questions for, but all the people who had questions for me were able to get through... Arg....
In conclusion, the Sears technician made it here at about 6:20 PM (almost an hour later than he specified on the phone earlier) and I am still waiting for Alan to call so I can go pick him up and we can attend the wedding reception for the ceremony and luncheon that have already happened. Wow. How was that for a run-on sentence!
In conclusion, the Sears technician made it here at about 6:20 PM (almost an hour later than he specified on the phone earlier) and I am still waiting for Alan to call so I can go pick him up and we can attend the wedding reception for the ceremony and luncheon that have already happened. Wow. How was that for a run-on sentence!

2 Comments:
WOW is a good word. I would want to sleep for days after that! I am glad to hear things are going well.
Now, THAT was a day... :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home