Proud Moment
So yesterday morning backing out of the carport I took out my passenger side mirror trying to avoid the neighbor's crookedly parked car... Yeah, I was so mad I almost started to cry. Anyways... the mirror was hanging on by the wires and I didn't want to have to sit home all afternoon waiting for Alan to come home and remove it.
After one hour, one phone call to my uncle, three phone calls to my very patient Dad, an over the phone tutorial of how to use the ratchet set (know what it is, but never used it), a lot of grunting over two stubborn bolts, I got the mirror off. We are hoping to order just the part that broke, and not the whole mirror. We shall see.
I did have a great moment of pride though when I got that last screw un-done. Who knew three screws would allow me such a great moment of pride!
After one hour, one phone call to my uncle, three phone calls to my very patient Dad, an over the phone tutorial of how to use the ratchet set (know what it is, but never used it), a lot of grunting over two stubborn bolts, I got the mirror off. We are hoping to order just the part that broke, and not the whole mirror. We shall see.
I did have a great moment of pride though when I got that last screw un-done. Who knew three screws would allow me such a great moment of pride!

3 Comments:
Oh Man....I'm really sorry. At least it wasn't your neighbor's car mirror. That probably would have been an even bigger mess, I'm sorry to say.
I don't even know how to change a tire. You are amazing! Sorry we couldn't chat longer on Saturday.
I love when I accomplish little things...especially now when I do it around the house. It gives me such pride as well!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home