The miracle of boiling water
Little One has discovered the sweetness of strawberries and raspberries. She also likes to eat them by herself. This leads to reddish stains all over her clothes. After rinsing and soaking in cold water the stains were still very much present. I googled strawberry stains and a few sites suggested pouring boiling hot water through the stain. I had nothing to lose, so I tried it. And it worked! The stains just disappeared. I almost wanted to re-stain the clothes to see it happen again. Almost.
I am a believer.
I am a believer.

5 Comments:
NICE! I am so glad you posted this! We went and picked raspberries this weekend and we have raspberry stains on EVERYTHING! I am going to try the boiling water trick. Do you think it works with raspberries too, not just strawberries?
Well, I am not sure if the red stains were only strawberries, she had raspberries also. I think it would totally work. Did you get any mail this week?
Isn't the internet the coolest? That's amazing about the boiling water getting out strawberries, I'll log that one away for later.
Wow! Do you think that would work with permanent marker? Madelyn ruined one of my favorite shirts of hers in preschool, though her teacher claimed it would come right out. I've washed it several times already. :(
The internet is the coolest...most of the time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home